June 18, 2020
Returning to Live Worship Update
The Administrative Council, after considering input from medical people in our own church and input from CDC guidelines, made the following decision: We will resume indoor services on August 2, subject to decreases in Covid-19 activity. The Council will meet on July 20 to re-evaluate the situation and determine if this date is still feasible.
When we resume indoor worship, these are some of the guidelines we will follow:
- Building open for worship only.
- Everyone will practice social distancing.
- Everyone will wear a face mask.
- Sanctuary seating will be marked for social distancing.
- No congregational singing, fellowship time, nursery, or hand held worship materials.
- Only one bathroom will be open and the water fountains will be off limits.
A full list of Guidelines for Safely Returning to Worship has been approved by the Council and will be communicated several weeks before we re-open.
We ask for your continued patience, prayer and support. Our highest priority is the safety of each of you.
Services will continue to be offered online on our FBC Waterloo Iowa YouTube channel.